Smash Into Vim II
Download Free Preview
Part I of the Vim tutorial series introduced you to the basics of Vim: installation, basic editing, operators, and file navigation.
This sequel will teach you to productively use Vim’s text editing, movement, and manipulation capabilities.
In this 59 minute advanced vim tutorial, you’ll learn from experienced Vim master Andrew Stewart (voiced by Internet celebrity Dan Benjamin).
- Precision movement
- Movement, selection, and editing with marks
- Text manipulation
- Search, replace, and execute
- Advanced configuration and abbreviations
- Navigation and manipulation with folds
- Command recording and playback
- Using and organizing plugins with Tim Pope’s Pathogen
- Installation and basic usage of top plugins: Git & Fugitive, Surround, Ragtag, Endwise, Rails.vim, Snipmate, tComment
- Reading, searching, and navigating the built-in documentation
If you’ve watched Part I or have a basic knowledge of Vim, this screencast will take you to the next level of confidence with the powerful Vim text editor.
Available as part of a PeepCode Unlimited subscription (including streaming on our iOS app!) Business plans are also available.
Basic knowledge of the Unix command line helps, but is not required. Viewing part I of the Smash into Vim tutorial series is recommended if you haven’t used Vim previously.
Revision 1 (Notes) · Updated: Jul 08, 2010 · Length: 58 min · 170 MB